Friday 11 January 2008

More Progress

13.Learn Signalong, sign language
My mum phoned me tonight to tell me she had me some Signalong notes for me, so looking forward to beginning this task soon. One of the reasons I'm interested in learning this form of sign language is that I'm a volunteer at my local hospital on the children's ward. Some children who come in may have learning difficulties, impaired hearing or speech problems and Signalong is beginning to catch on as a method of communication.

30.Fill at least 10 boxes for Shoebox Appeal...IN PROGRESS
My other half and I became aware of the Shoebox Appeal a couple of years ago and contributed by filling a wrapped shoebox with toiletries and small gift items which was sent to an orphan or person devastated by disaster in Eastern Europe. This year we are hoping to fill at least 10 such boxes for Blythwood Care who will then distribute them. We have been putting extra items in with our weekly shopping. With Asda toothbrushes at 15p and toothpaste at 21p it doesn't have to cost a fortune to help people who may have nothing.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Impressive! So long as the knitting still gets done :o) Am thinking I may have to try that organising the kit thing!

TartanWonder said...

Lou,

After posting that previous comment, I much later realised that I hed not given a thought to reading comments (if any) on my blog.
Thank you for your 3 comments there, much appreciated. I've just done an update, with a photo of my blister - it's such big news to me!!
Yes, please scan "The Scotsman" item for me, although I believe they're sending an email copy to me, I should also be able to see it on their website, and a friendSandy will most likely bring a copy of the whole paper to me when he comes here to New Zealand on 25 Jan.

Bless you!

David.

Samsara said...

Hurray! Others doing the 101 thing! Thanks for the comment on my blog, you're doing well with yours :-) I like to see what goals other people have!

Tesla said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

I love reading others' 101 lists LOL

I'm currently finding it slow going. But, I still think I will be able to complete everything before the finish date.

I already have a list of things I want to do after I complete this one! LOL