Thursday 17 June 2010

Back To The Island

69.Trip on Maid of the Forth ...COMPLETED
A short time ago (a few weeks? I forget!) the Mister and I headed over the Forth Road Bridge for South Queensferry. There we boarded the small passenger ferry and set sail for Inchcolm Island. It was a warm beautiful day but too early in the season to be busy.
We saw grey seals and a variety of seabirds including a solitary puffin. The island itself was so peaceful and a great place for little imaginations to run riot. Boarding the boat back to the mainland one little nipper reported he had failed to find the pirates treasure!!
The Mister and I roamed the abbey ruins, climbed the incline to the WW2 guntower remains and dodged some rather aggressive nesting seagulls (think 'Hitchcock The Birds'..perhaps I exaggerate).

1 comment:

Samuel said...

Hi blogger! I followed your blog, will you please follow my blog back? I know it's hard to get traffic...

-DD-