Saturday 19 April 2008

I'M BACK!!

Okay so I haven't posted for a while but that's due to a severe case of lazybloggeritis. There has been some progress on the 101 list however..

56.Get Patch health check & vaccinated...COMPLETED
My gorgeous little angel puppy/dog from Hell (depending on what day you ask me) , Patch the Jack Russell has been to the vets. He got his health check, 2 vaccinations and behaved not to badly. They were very pleased with him but we were told to maintain the healthy diet we have been giving him as he leaning towards middle age spread. He is now 6 yrs old and still gets mistaken for a puppy at times but he likes his naps, just like his human Mama!!


70.Place a bet on the Grand National...COMPLETED
The Grand National is the biggest horse race of the year and always worth a wee flutter. The other half and I placed a small £2 wager each online. My horse St.John's Castle (chosen because I favour the grey runners) came up from nowhere and took 2nd place. Needless to say the Mister backed 'Comply Or Die' which won..smug git, haha.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Cute lil' puppy!

Is the Grand National the same race that's in National Velvet? I was obsessed with all things horse - including that movie - when I was a kid.

Littlelou said...

Yes, Christy! Velvet and her horse 'The Pie' did indeed race in the Grand National..great old movie.

TartanWonder said...

I was thinking of entering the Grand National for charity!
No way will I be able to run it, so I asked if it was O.K. to walk it.
They keep asking me for the name of my horse - I keep telling them I don't have a horse - they keep asking about the b....y horse!
And they say they've never heard of a horse walking the Grand National - well, actually, neither have I. But, as I keep pointing out, I don't intend to use a horse. My God, they're big things, and somehow you have to get up on their backs, then you have to stay on there while they frisk around and go over those jumps. Have you seen the size of those jumps? And then, at the end, if you're still alive, you have to get off the horse!
No, I just want to walk it. And, I've asked for special dispensation so that I'd be allowed to walk around the jumps instead of having to go over them - or through them as I've seen a few cunning horse do (must scratch their bellies a lot, though). Back they come with their smart retorts, such as what is name of my horse, am I aware that they frown on horse going around the jumps, etc.
Would one of you out there please phone the organisers of the Grand National and let them know that you vouch for the fact that I'm not a horse. A donkey, maybe. An ass, assuredly. But I'm not a horse, I don't have a horse, I don't want to ride on a horse - Damn, I think it's time for me to take my morning medication again!
If you feel really kindly towards me, folks, you might phone me and assure me that I'm not a horse. There's nae (pronounced neigh)doubt (pronounced doot)about (pronounced aboot) it, I'm beginningt to think maybe I am a horse!

[I think littlelou will appreciate my attempt at Scottish pronunciation(?)]

TaTa the Noo,

David.

TartanWonder said...

It seems that someone here in Kawerau read my latest posting re Grand National, and thought I was so crazy and it would be a good thing to pack me off overseas for a while(?)

Anyway, things are amove here to try to get the remaining funding I need.

I might yet start that charity WALK from London on 15 May !!!!